Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Fun in the Kitchen

Awhile back I worked on a project with Cookie Magazine and Jenny Rosenstrach to create hand painted kitchen recipe doors.  The process involved Jenny sending me a few of her favorite recipes as well as her kitchen cabinet door.  The first step was priming the back of the door with a few coats of paint.  Once this was complete I did a general layout sketch to make everything would fit a.ok. The next step was to hand lettering the recipes. So fun! I tried to keep the look somewhat loose in order to keep the feel of recipe cards.  I also scattered little drawings here and there to jazz things up a bit.  You can read more at http://www.dinneralovestory.com/2010/02/03/the-recipe-door/





1 comment:

  1. This looks so great. I love the idea of opening the cupboard door and finding a surprise on it. Great idea and nicely executed :)

    ReplyDelete